Time and again when consulting with real estate professionals I ask if they are leveraging their contacts via email marketing. The resounding answer for most of them (before working with me), is NO! I’m baffled. Befuddled. Flabbergasted. Utterly astounded! OK, maybe not all of those, but I am taken aback that the majority of real estate pros are not consistently reaching out to their “Rolodex” via email. Let me put this bug in your ear: Email is KING. Email is personal. You are 6x more likely to get a click-through from an email campaign than you are from a tweet¹. Not only that, email is 40 times more effective at acquiring new customers than Facebook or Twitter²! Now that you’re convinced (at least a little), here are 5 reasons real estate professionals should be email marketing.
- Nurture leads. Some of your contacts will be people who are just curious about buying or selling a home, but haven’t mentally committed yet. Email marketing allows you to nurture that lead with very little effort on your part. Over a period of regular contact with you, a lead is more likely to pick up the phone and schedule that first appointment.
- Get to know your audience, and vice versa. Wouldn’t you rather do business with someone that you know and trust? Most people feel that way. Email marketing helps you get to know your audience, and lets them get to know you. It’s easy to see opened emails, clicked links, and so on. You learn which topics interest your audience, and can utilize that information to your benefit in the future.
- Keep in touch with past clients. Creating relationships is only half the battle; maintaining them is the other half. Regular email updates help you stay in touch with current and former clients, and keeps them engaged with your practice. Email marketing is also a great way to promote new ideas or services to an audience who has already warmed up to you. It is also a great way to stay top of mind for referrals.
- Reach more of your audience. Nearly everyone has an email address, and emails can be easily opened on a smartphone, tablet, laptop, or desktop computer. No matter how your contacts prefer to interact online, you can reach them.
- Reinforce your brand. You can design emails with your logo included, and we know that strong visuals help people to remember information. In this case, that means your contacts will remember you.
If these reasons don’t fully convince you to be more consistent in your email marketing efforts, I don’t know what will. If you need help with a strategy or just getting up and running, don’t hesitate to reach out. I’d love to help you!